- Exam: 2020 November 20th at 10.00 a.m.
- Lesson: according to a schedule established by the professor. Calendar: 2020 November 21st,23rd,24th,25th M° Dillon; 2020 December 16th, 17th,18th,19th M° Dillon; 2021 January 7th,8th,9th,11th M° Bonomini; 2021 February 10th,11th,12th,13th M° Bonomini; 2021 Mach: dates to be definedire M° Dillon; 2021 April: dates to be defined M° Dillon/Bonomini (to be confirmed); 2021 May: dates to be defined M° Dillon/Bonomini (to be confirmed); 2021 June: dates to be defined M° Dillon/Bonomini (to be confirmed)
- Deadline Application: 2020 November 10th
Fees: Individual course registration fee (non-refundable, to be enclosed with the application form) valid also as auditor’s attendance fee: € 130,00. Individual attendance fee (to be paid by 15th December): € 1500,00
At the professor’s discretion, the best students may be chosen to hold recitals during the year.
The course will take place only if the minimum number of students required is reached.
- Open to: Young cellists
From Baroque onward until the contemporaneity : techniques, styles, languages and interpretation
Paolo Bonomini – 4 sessions (2 lessons a month) Baroque and classic period, orchestral excerpts, audition training
Francesco Dillon – 4 sessions (2 lessons a month) Romanticism, Historical ‘900 and contemporary repertoire
Programme: Aspects of the interpretative process will be explored such as:
- search for a personal and original reading through a rigorous and informed approach to the text
- Bow technique: speed, density, distribution, imagination and sound range expansion
- Eloquence and rhetoric: search for singing and articulation of the voice
- a movement by candidate’s choice of a Bach
- a Study (Popper, Piatti, Servais) or a virtuosistic piece that shows the technical level of the candidate.
- First movement of a concert or sonata by the candidate’s choice