- Intended audience: toddlers and children
- Calendar: 24 group meetings during the year, Saturdays at 10.30 from October to June
- Application: from 1 June to 1 September
- Fees: variable based on the ISEE, see Application Fees button
- Notes: in case of openings in the class, it is possible to apply during the course of the year
Musical Language is a new educational course, characterized by a full immersion in the world of sounds.
It is part of the DEMIA course, for toddlers up to 8 years old, but also open to students enrolled in the School’s Preparatory and Pre-Academic Courses, for external students who wish to embark on musical studies, as well as those who wish to improve their musical skills.
Musical Language faces the basics of music theory, rhythm, reading, intonation and expression in a structured way, through concrete experience in rhythm, singing, solfege and musical dramaturgy.
Participating in Musical Language offers:
1) a path of discovery/orientation for who wishes to approach the music world.
2) an education that permits the student to face the contents and skills necessary to practice music: deciphering rhythms, sung reading, dictation, sight reading, expression, development of listening and memory, theoretical terminology.
3) development/recovery of musical skills already obtained.
Claudia Propato winner of the 2016 Abbiati Prize in the musical education sector (theatre).
Bernardo Donati educator at the Scuola di Musica di Fiesole in “Choral practice and Children’s Choir Director” in the post-graduate sector, and professor of transverse flute and ensemble music in the Musical Lyceum.