How to arrive
1. Exit the Santa Maria Novella train station to your left (with the tracks behind you). The Ataf bus stops are located in Piazza Adua. Take bus n. 1, 6, 11, 14, 17 or 23 to Piazza San Marco. In nearby Via della Dogana bus n. 7 departs every 20 minutes for Fiesole, from 7am to midnight. From the San Domenico stop, walk down Via delle Fontanelle until you reach the School.
2. From Florence Campo di Marte station take bus n. 19 to Piazza San Marco, then follow the directions above (1.).
3. From Rifredi station take bus n. 28 to Santa Maria Novella train station, then follow the directions above (1.).
Bus tickets are available at bars, tobacconists and newsagents.
From Santa Maria Novella Station, the taxi stand is located right outside of the left exit. From Florence Campo di Marte station call a taxi (055/4242 055/4798 055/4390 or cell 334/6622550).
From Motorway A1, there are several Florence exits from which to reach us:
1. From the South - Exit Firenze Sud, continue on the ring road - via M. Polo-keeping to the left lane until the traffic light. Turn left onto Lungarno Aldo Moro and follow the signs for Stadio / Fiesole.
2. From the North - Exit Firenze Nord, follow the ring road towards "Centro", then follow the signs Stadio / Fiesole.
3. Barberino del Mugello Exit, go toward San Piero a Sieve and follow for: Borgo San Lorenzo, Polcanto (Via Faentina), Vetta alle Croci, Fiesole.
The Florence "Amerigo Vespucci" airport is about 5 km from the city center and can be reached by a Sita / ATAF shuttle called "Vola in bus" that connects the airport to the train station S. Maria Novella, and vice versa. Tickets are purchased on board (5 euros), at newsagents and at ATAF ticket desks. Once you reach the station, follow information on taking the bus from the S. Maria Novella station (above). Time approx. 30 minutes (plus time on city bus, up to an hour).
The Pisa "Galileo Galilei" airport is about 80 km away and is linked to Florence by train (every hour) and by Terravision shuttle bus to the Santa Maria Novella Station. Once you reach the station, follow information on taking the bus from the S. Maria Novella station (above).
Where to sleep
Hostel 7 Santi SMF students who show their SMFstudent card will receive a discount
Villa la Stella, Hotel Villa Fiesole, Pensione Bencistà, Hotel Villa Aurora, Hotel Villa Bonelli, Villa Miralunga, Villa le scalette, B&B Camino delle fate rosa, Poggio Oliva, Residence Fiesole.
Foresteria - via San Domenico 4 - San Domenico di Fiesole (Firenze) - 055 59230
Where to eat
Ristorante Pizzeria San Domenico
Piazza S. Domenico 11 tel.(+39) 055 59182 or 055 59060
Piatti e Fagotti
via delle Fontanelle, San Domenico di Fiesole tel.(+39) 055 5276764
Piazza Mino da Fiesole 45 Fiesole tel.(+39) 055 597259